Re: Order of widgets when displayed on top of each other

>> (as a parenthetical note, i find it rather sad how few new widgets
>> have been incorporated into GTK+ over the years it has been around. i
>> don't think i have seen a single example of a new widget entering the
>> toolkit in the 4+ years i've worked with it.)
>>

>Er...  do GtkTreeView or GtkTextView count? :-)

from my perspective, these were both replacements for marginal
existing widgets.

you still have to go outside of GTK+ to get (for example):

    * plotting
    * a canvas
    * knobs
    * a sensible file selector (this is coming, apparently)

yet each of these has been around in various forms for years.

--p