About installing GTK+ part 2

After I use :
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
-->  make
--> make install the problem seems to be fixed. But when I want to install GTK (using ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var)
it said :

" checking for glib-2.0 >= 2.1.4 atk >= 1.0.1 pango >= 1.0.1... Package atk
was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `atk.pc'
No package 'atk' found

configure: error: Library requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.1.4 atk >= 1.0.1 pango
= 1.0.1) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can
find them. "

What are the steps to fixed it? I'm new in Linus.
Thank you very much!

> I want to install GTK.
> And it says I need to install glib, atk etc first.
> After I installed glib (using  ./configure --> make --> make install),
> and want to install atk (using  ./configure --> make), it says:
>
> *** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
> *** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
> *** that the run-time linker is not finding GLIB or finding the wrong
> *** version of GLIB. If it is not finding GLIB, you'll need to set your
> *** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
> *** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
> *** is required on your system
> ***
> *** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
> *** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> configure: error:
> *** GLIB 2.0.0 or better is required. The latest version of
> *** GLIB is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.
>
> I would like to ask how to solve it? What are the required steps?
> The components I install are most up-to-date and I am using RedHat 7.1
> Thank you for answering!!

The message tells you what to do:

1.  make sure /etc/ld.so.conf contains a line identifying the directory
where glib was installed (/usr/lib or /usr/local/lib, usually)  If you
have to update ld.so.conf, you must be root.

2.  as root, run /sbin/ldconfig -v to update the library search path.

What has happened is that you installed glib, but the dynamic loader
doesn't know about it, because its entry points aren't yet in the
cache.  That's what the voodoo with ld.so.conf and ldconfig accomplish.

After you've done that, try atk again.

HTH,
--

--Jeff