BadPixmap Error

Hi All

I have written an application using Glade and gtk-1.2.
I am doing a small plotting routine, which is used in
various stages of the application. I have created a
DRAWINGAREA widget and I am using this for my plotting
routine and I am using the the same widget whenever
the plotting routine is called. So when it's not
called I am just hiding(gtk_widget_hide()) the
DRAWINGAREA and when called I am doing
"gtk_widget_show()".

When I hide and unhide the DRAWINGAREA widget more
than twice the the whole application crashes giving me
this error;

Gdk-ERROR **: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
  serial 4061 error_code 4 request_code 54 minor_code
0

Instead of hide/unhide I also tried unref but still it
doesnt work and I also tried the create and destroy
instead of hide/unhide but this seems to fail more
often too.I know this has got something to do with the
way I have written the application. So could anyone
suggest a better way of doing this.

TIA

Vikram

Send free SMS using the Yahoo! Messenger. Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com/new/pc/