creating hypertext documents

I have been searching for some hints, how can I create
a hypertext document. If I use a text widget, I need
to create a link and then the mouse should be able to
reacognise that link.But the mouse movement is
detectable only over widgets. Then shall I place the
text on the widget?

Could somebody just give me a hint how to approach the
problem?
1) Which widget should be used?
2) How would the mouse movement over the " hypertext
link" be detected.
3) How can the hypertext link be placed in a widget.

Thanks
shiraz