Re: drawing graphics

Steven Jenkins wrote:
Right. My attempts to do better with pixmaps have also had problems. I based my application loosely on the double-buffered clock application in Harlow's book. Instead of re-drawing the entire pixmap and calling gtk_widget_draw to expose the entire drawing area, I've been trying to change only part of the pixmap and expose only what's changed. I can make the brute force version behave predictably but too slowly to be useful. So far, I can't make the more optimized version work predictably. It's probably my error, but I'd just as soon not have to figure it out.

It was, and I did.

But I'm interested in learning about gdk_window_set_back_pixmap() anyway....

Steve