GtkSocket and Modal Window

Hello All:

I'm developing a set of programs that interact with each other.
They are all developed with GTK ,Glade etc.
Recently, I'm trying to "embed" all program windows with GtkSocket,
GtkPlug.

Everything works as expected, except the modal windows.
I use modal windows "dialogs" and "gtk_set_transient_for" so the
modal window stay always on top the main app.
When the app runs stand alone this works ok.

But when I use GtkSocket, GtkPlug, I can't get the handle of the
main window that is the "GtkWidget" of the main window in order to use
"gtk_set_transient_for" and the modal window losses focus when
the user clicks on the main app. The main app still does not
receive the events but the problem is that the window of the main
app is now on top and "hides" the modal window.

Has anyone done this?.

Is there a way to get the main window of an app ?

Thank you for your help.

S. Zazueta.