Re: depreciated classes in GTK+2

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 02:54, Scott Bronson wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 12:56, Dave Malcolm wrote:
> > On Saturday 07 September 2002 18:35, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> > > What I don't notice is what should I use instead of these depreciated
> > > classes? There's no docs on what to replace them with or examples of
> > > how to change your code accordingly.
> >
> > Have a look at http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/porting/, which might
> > have the information you need.
>
> The point is a good one.  Back when I was a Java coder, occasionally
> some Java class would be deprecated without any explanation as to why or
> what to do now.
>
> This was infuriating.
>
> Any chance that info can be added to the docs?
>
>     - Scott

I agree, though I'm not sure how to go about fixing it.   I believe the
documentation is autogenerated from the source (extracting from marked-up
comments), and the deprecation info is from a simple #ifndef
GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED.   So I don't think there's an easy way to add this to
the place in the docs (which is a shame).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please!

Dave