Re: depreciated classes in GTK+2

* Dave Malcolm (david davemalcolm demon co uk) wrote:
> In the specific example of GtkCList, you should use GtkTreeView.  Though
> hopefully you figured that out (see the "Tree and List Widget Overview" in
> the GTK+ reference manual for more information).

Yes, I did actually figure out that I should at least look at that
class, but I haven't done so yet. To me a tree view is not a list. It's
a tree, a hierarchy and may include a tree control.

> If you spot any cases where something is deprecated but where the replacement
> is not cited, perhaps you should file that as a bug in bugzilla?   Hopefully
> the API notes will get fixed that way.

I'll try to do that sometime this week.

> I've done a bit of porting from GTK 1 to 2 and may be able to help if you
> encounter further problems.

Thank you. I'd appreciate the help.

    __   _                                           Carl B. Constantine
   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __                          duckwing duckwing ca
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  (2.4.18)              http://www.duckwing.ca
                                            PGP key available on request

   "Microsoft is not the Borg. The Borg have better tech support."