How to stretch an background image?

Dear gtk-list,

I am a new hand to gtk programming. A project need a window which can be resized, and we put a background image on the window, when window is being resized, we hope the background image resized,too. But I can not get helpful message in GTK1.2. I found a pixbuf demo in GTK2.0. But we should run our program at both GTK1.2 and later.

So does anyone know how to implement the above feature in GTK1.2 ? Any suggestion is appreciated!

Best Regards,
ldx
2002-09-10