Default font error

Good day,

I've installed RH7.3 on my machine.
The installation CDs contain GTK+ v2.0.2 kit (all compiled for gcc2.96).

Everything was fine with it.

Then I've installed gcc3.2, and built all latest GTK sources:
GLIB-2.0.6
ATK-1.0.3
PANGO-1.0.4
GTK+-2.0.6

all of them with default /usr/local prefix.
I've made these changes:
- .bash_profile:
  export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
  export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
- ld.so.conf:
  + /usr/local/lib -> ldconfig

So, everything could be built and "working" well until that situation:

Once I've created and used my own gtkrc-file settings, then other
programs (that didn't use this rc-file) started to drop these messages
and abort on run-time.

** (gtk-demo:28474): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Sans 10" falling
back to "Sans 10"

** (gtk-demo:28474): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Sans 10" falling
back to "Sans 10"

** (gtk-demo:28474): WARNING **: All font failbacks failed!!!!  (Excuse
me, should it be "All font fallbacks failed!!!!"? :-))

But applications, that was built with old GTK+ (2.0.2), still are
working well regardless I've used my rc-file or not.

In my rc-file I've changed font for all widgets with that line:
  font_name = "Courier 12"

Also, I've noticed, that dialog font selection built on new sources did
not show as many fonts (including that Sans one) as same dialog but
built with old GTK+ version.

I've heard there was some font problems with new Pango libs... Or is it
problem with some libs built with gcc2.96 and needed by GTK+?

In any case I would to know if there is any solution for my problem,
please?

thanks in advance,
-andrew