Re: The speed of the application is slow when we have little heavy graphics on the drawing area.. Please help

On Thursday 05 September 2002 10:51, rahul karurkar wrote:

I don't know if this will help, but you might want to have a look at the
GTKGLArea widget (in the Gnome CVS, I believe), designed as an easy way to
embed an OpenGL render into GTK.

I haven't used it in a while though.

Other things you might want to investigate are the usual GL things: look at
what bit-depth you've requested, what you're getting, what kind of buffering
scheme is happening (single, double, triple) etc, and exactly where this
buffering is happening.  I believe tht GtkDrawingAreas have their own
buffering scheme, so I suspect what might be happening is that you've got
multiple double-buffering schemes blitting to each other in a slow and nasty
mess.  Possibly involving sending bitmaps to and from the X server as well,
for good measure.  But I could be completely wrong.

Good luck
Dave