Re: PKG_CONFIG_PATH has no effect

Olexiy Avramchenko wrote:

Michael Obster wrote:

Hi,

I've a problem with compiling gtk+-2.0.6. Configure is always complaining about a missing glib-2.0. But it is installed in /usr/local. One thing perhaps I should say is, that I have also installed gtk+-1.x and glib-1.x in /usr.

I looks for me that the damn configure finds the version 1.x and aborts.

Tried to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH with "export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local". env shows that is is set, but configure does not find it.

Oops, an error there, you should use "export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/pkgconfig". Better one is: "export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/pkgconfig"

Oops, sorry, I've made mistake, use "export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig" :) ^^^

Olexiy