gtk_signal_connect_object

Hello, i'm still a beginner in gtk...and i'd like to ask for some help. I'm trying to create a simple window which enables the user to select a file he/she wants to open..however i'm getting an error while compiling in the line which ensures that the dialog box is destroyed when the user clicks a OK/Cancel.

GtkWidget *file_selector;

gchar *selected_filename;

  gtk_signal_connect_object (GTK_OBJECT (GTK_FILE_SELECTION(file_selector)->ok_button),"clicked", GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (gtk_widget_destroy),(gpointer)file_selector);

the error is the following:

error C2664: 'gtk_signal_connect_object' : cannot convert parameter 4 from 'void *' to 'struct _GtkObject *' . Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an explicit cast

This code is what i found in one of the tutorials..is the error due to the fact that my operating system varies from that of the author?

Do You Yahoo!?