	From gtk-list-admin gnome org  Fri Sep  6 00:51:42 2002
	Subject: GkkEntry length and TRU64
	From: Bernd Demian <bdemian csc-dd de>
	Date: 06 Sep 2002 09:52:47 +0200

	Hi,
	I wrote following problem, but nobody can help.
	Am Fre, 2002-08-30 um 16.47 schrieb Bernd Demian:
	> Hi all,
	> We have a little problem porting a programm which is written with gtk+2.
	> We developed an appl in linux and porting to windows and TRU64.
	> Under linux und wnt all seems to be ok.
	> Under TRU64 we have following problem:
	> 	In Entrys we use monospaced fonts "Courier Bold 6"
	> 	and set the length with
	> 	length = gtk_entry_set_width_chars(GTK_ENTRY(tmpW),laenge);
	> 	But the space is about (1.7 * length) chars long.
	> We things it is a problem with the XServer, when the appl is running on
	> TRU64 and the display is set to an linux computer the layout is ok. What
	> can we do, has anyone an idea?
	> Thanks a lot
	> Bernd
	Now I have some more infos but no solution for my problem.
	The problem is coherence with the graphic card.
	In one alpha station we have the graphic card Digital ZLXp2-E 2MB
	(driver tga0) and the font is ok and the width of entries are ok.
	We change the grafic card in this station to Else Gloria Synergie 8MB (
	driver comet0) and the fonts are to big and the width of the entries are
	to large. That means, use other (smaller) font is not the solution,
	because
		length = gtk_entry_set_width_chars(GTK_ENTRY(tmpW),4);
	gives not the right value.

	Has anyone expierience with digital (TRU64) and can help.
	Thanks Bernd
	--
	Bernd Demian <bdemian csc-dd de>
	CSC Ploenzke