Further info: How to set Chinese characters

Hi all,

Regarding my previous post, I changed the rc file content to the following:

style "default" {
    font_name="Sans Italic 10"
}
class "GtkWidget" style "default"

The fonts of  the controls, include the GtkEntry, botton, labels had been
changed successfully. I saw that "Sans Italic 10" should be the Pango font
name regarding to GTK Reference API.

Then,

1. What's the name of the Chinese font in Pango?
2. Also, I guessed the font name and replace "Sans" to "Mingliu", but an
error message said "No font found". I suspect where will Pango find the
font? Is it from the dll of lib directory under Pango? If yes, can I use the
Windows fonts. If not, I may have some additional fonts, how can I change
Windows font to Pango font? Is it a dll?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Mullin

> get_set_locale();
> gtk_rc_add_default_file("gtkrc.zh");
> gtk_init(...., .....);
>
> But, I still can't display Chinese characters on the textbox. Only squares
> are displayed.
>
> By the way, I am developing the application on Chinese Windows, and not
sure
> how to set the font on the rc file.
>
> The content of gtkrc.zh is like:
>
> style "default" {
>     fontset="mingliu.ttf"
> }
> class "GtkWidget" style "default"
>
> Any ideas on this?
>
> Beside setting the rc file, I found out that we may use get_fontset_load.
Is