failed on hook due to cache

Hi All

I know maybe it's not the right place to post this question. But I have been
annoyed by this question for so long a time.

The question is I want to hook memmove used by netscape. As you know,
Netscape would pass binary data to memmove and strlen. So I would keep hook
and unhook that funtion by write 3 instructions into the header of memmove.
But unfortunately, it seems the instruciton I set won't be excuted. I think
maybe it's caused by the cache. If so, who can tell me how to make the cache
synchonize with the memory. Or can you tell me where can I get the answer if
this isn't the right place to ask this.

Thanks very much!
Xavier