Re: Gdk BadMatch

"Nathan Coraor" <nate cse psu edu> writes:

> When attempting to run many Gtk-based programs under Solaris 8 with
> Xinerama enabled, this error causes the application to crash:
>
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   serial xxxx error_code 8 request_code 62 minor_code 0
>
> With Xinerama disabled and simply using 2 Xservers, it does work.

These are almost certainly application bugs. (Unless it can
be reproduced with the test programs shipped with GTK+, I'd
be pretty certain of that.)

A typical problem is that an application is using the gdk_rgb_*
functions without doing:

 gtk_widget_push_visual (gdk_rgb_get_visual ())
 gtk_widget_push_colormap (gdk_rgb_get_cmap ())

To make sure that widgets are created with the right Visual and
Colormap. (No longer necessary with GTK+-2.0)

The Xinerama / no-Xinerama difference is most likely just resulting in
a different default visual.

Regards,
                                        Owen