Job ad: Red Hat OS developer

Hi,

(shameless job ad, delete if not interested [1])

Wanted to let people know about the "Operating System Engineer" job
mentioned on http://www.redhat.com/about/careers/. This isn't a
GTK/GNOME position specifically, though it may involve some of
that. Run "rpm -qa | less" and look at all the packages, you might
deal with any of them. We have openings in both the desktop team and
the core OS team. The desktop team covers KDE, OpenOffice, Mozilla,
WINE, etc. in addition to GNOME.  The core OS team covers everything
from CUPS to sendmail to Emacs.

The job is a mix of developing new code, packaging upstream code,
keeping in touch with upstream maintainers, and fixing incoming bugs
on https://bugzilla.redhat.com. Feel free to ask me questions if you
want to know what the life of a Red Hat developer is like.

We're open minded about your exact experience and skill set, as long
as you are an outstanding C or C++ programmer who's excited about
doing a lot of work to advance Red Hat Linux (and open source software
in general).

Relocation to Boston or Raleigh is expected. There may also be a
position in Stuttgart, Germany, though it isn't listed on the web site
yet.

If you're interested, follow the directions on
http://www.redhat.com/about/careers/ to apply.

Thanks,
Havoc

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2002-August/msg00118.html