focus_out_event' on GTK_COMBO(..)->entry crashes

Hi, I have this in my source (trying to fetch the data from a combobox, when the box loses the focus)
g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (GTK_COMBO (combo)->entry), "focus_out_event",
                     G_CALLBACK (deck_callback), NULL);

(on gtk+ 2.0 for windows)
What happens is ... when the focus is lost, the programm correctly calls the callback function, but right after it (almost same time, or when the callback funktion is finished) , it crashes with this messagewindow :

//

Gtk_ERROR **. file gtkentry.c: line 4221 (blink_cb): assertion failed: (GTK_WIDGET_HAS_FOCUS(entry))
aborting
//

Maybe I just can't do this, or maybe I did it wrong, or maybe it's a problem from 'MS windows GTK+-2.0' (on winXP)?

Thanks for any hints

calmar