Re: gtk-key-theme-name = "Emacs" has no effect

Sylvain Pasche <sylvain_pasche yahoo fr> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Using gtk version 2.0.6 debian packages, I wanted to use the emacs
> style keybindings.
>
> So I have put
>
> gtk-key-theme-name = "Emacs"
>
> in ~/.gtkrc-2.0
>
> However, this has apparently no effect: ctrl-a and ctrl-e don't bind
> to beginning or end of line.
>
> Has anyone an idea about it ? could something on my system override this
> file ?

If you are running GNOME2, the setting set in the GNOME 2 configuration
dialog will override the setting from your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file.

In that, run case gnome-keybinding-properties
(Preferences/Keyboard shortcuts)  and select the key theme from there.

Regards,
                                        Owen