Positioning for unmapped window

Hi,

When I set the position of a GtkWindow with gtk_widget_set_uposition and the
window isn't presently mapped, the position is completely ignored, if
however I call the same function again when the window is mapped then the
position is set correctly.

Is there anyway to set the position of a window correctly whilst it is
unmapped.  I have a hack at the moment that resets the position when the
window is shown but this is unsightly as you can see the window moving to
its correct position.

Thanks for your time

Ian King