Re: Problems installing gtk libs on RedHat 7.1

Hi Sven,
   that has done the trick, thank you.

I should have spotted the PKG_CONFIG_PATH thing myself, so thanks for being patient.

All the best,

Mark

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Mark Wheaton <mark wheaton ntlworld com> writes:

   I'm new to this whole GTK world. I have been trying to get
everything installed for a couple of days now, . I've read the FAQ and
everything else I can find and I just can't get it to work.  I'm
hoping someone out there will be able to help.

Here's the story:

*RedHat 7.1 on i686
*gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-81)
*Glib compiled and installed in /opt/glib2.0.6 (sorry - I used to run
Solaris boxen :-)

I've administred a couple of Solaris boxes for a longer time but I
haven't seen any advantage in installing each and every library into their own prefix. But of course that's up to you...

*/etc/ld.so.conf tweaked to add /opt/glib2.0.6/lib and ldconfig run.

you should also tweak the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable to include
/opt/glib2.0.6/lib/pkgconfig (and of course the paths to all the other
packages you are going to install later).

This is all explained pretty well in the link which is mentioned at
the bottom of the file INSTALL in the glib tarball:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-building.html

Salut, Sven