Gtk 1.2.10 patch for gdkxft, anyone?

Hello,

Is there a patch against Gtk somewhere in the wild that would fix the GtkText
and GtkCList render problem for Gtk 1.2.10 combined with gdkxft? If not,
could it be easily made? I've been told it would be easy, but of course
I may be just badly misinformed (I'm merely an user).

For details about the problem with those widgets and gdkxft see the
gdkxft README, the Caveats (V.1) section:
http://138.251.140.21/~josh/gdkxft/README

Basicly, scrolling through GtkCList or GtkText with AA fonts activated
adds an extra-bolding to the text as it appears.

Ciprian Popovici