Re: Forcing size_allocate?

>I have a gnome_canvas packed into a vbox.  All drawing in the canvas is
>connected to a size_allocate event because I need to know the width and
>height of the area before drawing.

don't do this. a size allocate will always be followed by an expose
event. all drawing must be done from the expose event handler, always.
just store the width and height in the size allocate handler for later
use. if for some reason, the expose event is really missing, use
gtk_widget_queue_draw() to cause one to occur "soon".

--p