Re: GTK+2.0.6 problem with Freetype

pocm mega ist utl pt (Paulo J. Matos) writes:

> Hi all,
>
> After installing atk, pango, glib I'm trying to install gtk+ but
> the problem is that I get an error during configure due to
> freetype. I've already downloaded freetype 2.1.2 and 1.3.1 from
> freetype.sf.net but still same problem. Check:

> checking for freetype-config... /usr/local/bin/freetype-config
> checking for FT_New_Face in -lfreetype... yes
> checking For sufficiently new FreeType (at least 2.0.1)... no
> configure: error: pangoxft Pango backend found but did not find freetype libraries
> pdestroy localhost:~/gnome-2.0.2rc1/gtk+-2.0.6$ locate freetype-config
> /usr/local/bin/freetype-config
> /usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config
> pdestroy localhost:~/gnome-2.0.2rc1/gtk+-2.0.6$ freetype-config --version
> 9.1.3
> <.0.2rc1/gtk+-2.0.6$ /usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --version
> 8.0.2
>
> I find the numbers given by freetype-config very odd, any ideas
> on this situation?

You should look at the config.log file to see the exact error messages
that were generated. The most likely possibility is that the
freetype-config from /usr/local/bin was being used, but the linker
found the libraries in /usr/X11R6/lib ... you may well simply
want to delete (make a backup first):

 /usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config
 /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.so*

In my opinion, there is no excuse for X  installing a copy of freetype
that is publically visible.

Regards,
                                        Owen