From: Loban Amaan Rahman <loban earthling net>
To: gtk-list gnome org
Subject: Opening a GtkWindow in a specific position
Date: 28 Nov 2002 19:11:04 -0800

I'm resending this because it apparently did not go through the first time.

How do I create a GtkWindow so that it first becomes visible in a
particular location? I tried using gtk_window_move before I called
gtk_widget_show, but that failed. Currently I call gtk_widget_show
first, then gtk_window_move, but that causes some flicker as the window
first appears depending on the window manager, then quickly moves to my
desired location. I also tried realizing, then moving, then showing ...
but that didn't work either.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Loban

|   Loban Amaan Rahman  <-- anagram of -->  Aha! An Abnormal Man!   |
| loban earthling net, loban caltech edu,  http://loban.caltech.edu |