Mouse actions locked if ctree is set insensitive ?

Hello.

I'm developing a (threaded) program.
I have a ctree where I put results from db queries. When selecting a row
from that ctree, I have to update a clist w/ results coming from another
query. Just for example, think the ctree as a "location" (from state to
city) - when you select a city the clist displays your friends in that
city.

Problems:
1) while adding rows to the ctree, tree_select_row signal is emitted
(why???) - "solved" using a flag that exits from on_ctree_select_row
signal handler;
2) I can select another row of the ctree while still updating the clist

For the first prob I tried using gtk_signal_emit_stop_by_name and
gtk_signal_emit_stop_by_func (IIRC... I've done lots of tests), but even
if calling'em just after gtk_ctree_insert_node I got no more than a
message telling the signal (88) isn't being emitted by the widget :-(
For the second problem, I tried using gtk_widget_set_sensitive(ctree,
FALSE) from on_ctree_select_row (then setting it sensitive again when
the last row of the clist has been inserted), but this way THE WHOLE
DESKTOP is set insensitive :-( - I have to change desktop with keyboard
and then, when re-entering the one where I run the app it all works
again.

I'm using WindowMaker-0.64 ... Might be a bug in it? I remember I
previously used set_sensitive in other programs and it worked as
espected...

TIA.

BYtE,
 Diego.