Re: deprecated functions

Owen Taylor wrote:

> Jeffrey Goddard <moosewood mooseroot org> writes:
>
> > I was just looking at the docs for 2.0 and it stated that
> > gtk_signal_connect is deprecated and should not be used in new
> > code. However, I don't seem to be able to find a list of
> > replacements for most of the things I saw listed as deprecated. Is
> > there such a list and can someone point me to it?
>
> No, there is no such list. Often the function docs will
> say which function to use; other times you just have to know.

How would you know when the docs don't say?? I wondered the same thing a
few days ago. Just about the whole signal function page had depecrated
functions but no replacement functions so how am I supposed to know what
is the replacement? I guess searching through the source code might work
but  a useful listing would be helpful. Someone took the time to say the
old ones are depecrated but took no time to list new ones.