Re: Creating threads within widget draw routines ..
- From: Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: The Surprises <thesurprises1 attbi com>, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Creating threads within widget draw routines ..
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:30:42 -0500
>thread wake up and draw the updates. A simple way to wake up the main
>thread is to just gtk_widget_queue_draw() on the display area from the
>secondary thread, or just add a one-shot idle function yourself to the
>main GMainContext. Or something along those lines, I haven't written a
>threaded app myself.
last time i looked, neither of these functions are thread-safe, and so
the caller must still use explicit locking around calls to them.
] [Thread Prev