GTK+ 2.0.5 problem....

Hey all, i couldn't find an answere to this so i thought i'd post here. Any help is appreciated thx in advance.

System :
GTK+ 2.0.5
SuSE 8.0
XFree86 4.2.0

I built and installed all the pango, Xft, etc.. stuff, as well as GTK+2.0.5 and no prob's. However when i run `gtk-demo` , i get :

(gtk-demo:28882): GLib-CRITICAL **: file ghash.c: line 254 (g_hash_table_lookup_extended): assertion `hash_table != NULL` failed.
Segmentation fault

I tried building the sample's from the GTK+ 2 tutorials to see if they worked, but when i run the "base.c" example, i get the same exact thing as above,
but when i run the hello world sample i get :

** (hw:28904): WARNING **: Cannot open font file for font Nimbus Sans L, 10
Segmentation fault

I wasn't sure how to correct either of these, i've tried rebuilding, re-installing, and everything still no dice. So if anyone does know please let me know. I would definatly appreciate /any/ help. Thanks alot guys\gals, have a good day :O) ....altf2o....