Re: locale problem with GTK 2

Carlos wrote:

Each time I try to write french special characters (like " é à ç ") with any GTK2 app, this make it crash... I think this issue come from my locale.

Where can I find the locale configuration ?
How can I fix my locale ?

GTK+-2.0 uses utf-8 only.
So you have to set your locale to smth like "aa_BB.UTF-8" and pass only utf-8 strings into the library functions (like gtk_label_set_text()). You can use GNU gettext for dealing with i18n or use GLib functions to convert strings from your encoding to utf-8.

Olexiy