Re: compiling gdk-pixbuf in 2.0.7

stewartb ilm com writes:

> im getting this trying to build gtk 2.0.7 under linux when it starts building
> gdk-pixbuf:
>
> /usr/bin/ld:.libs/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.ver:1: parse error in VERSION script
>
> any clues? glib 2.0.7 built fine by the way...

What distribution and version of linux? What version of gcc and
binutils?

Can you attach the libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.ver script?

The libtool used to create GTK+-2.0.7 contains a fix to make
symbol-export control work properly on Linux; if you run
'libtoolize --force --copy' before building GTK+, you'll get
your system version of libtool, which will almost certainly
not create the error above.

But I'd like to debug why it isn't working for you.

Thanks,
                                        Owen