I still have problems with GTK 2.0

I have Gnome 1.4 with GTK 1.2, but I'm using GTK 2.0
and I want to use standart Gnome Functins like
gnome_dialog_run and gnome_about_new. When trying to
compile these functins with GTK 2.0 an error message
says that I need some header files included, but they
present only in GTK 1.2. Such files are missing in GTK
2.0.
How can I use GNOME functins with GTK 2.0?
What should I do to compile these functions?
I will be gratefull if someone helps me.
Thanks in advance!

Stoyan