Re: Still no fonts with gtkfb

Hi,

Vince Busam <vince phatnoise com> writes:

> I still can't get any fonts working with gtk/framebuffer on a netwinder.
> Is there anywhere I can get an Xft configuration and fonts that are known
> to work?

the following XftConfig does work for me with GTK+ on DirectFB and
X11. It should as well work for the LinuxFB backend. On X11 PangoXft
is used if you set the environment variable GDK_USE_XFT to 1.

You might need to adapt the font path and the family names I used.

Salut, Sven

/etc/X11/XftConfig
------------> cut here <------------

dir "/usr/local/share/fonts/truetype"

#
# alias 'fixed' for 'mono'
#
match any family == "fixed"             edit family =+ "mono";

#
# Check users config file
#
includeif       "~/.xftconfig"

#
# Use truetype fonts for default faces
#
match any family == "serif"             edit family += "Times";
match any family == "sans"              edit family += "Verdana";
match any family == "mono"              edit family += "Courier";