Re: A question about "event" signal of GtkTextTag

"Dongho Shin" <electman acadcorp com> writes:

> I connected "event" signal to GtkTextTag widget and examined the results, which were
> somewhat odd for me.
> The 'GDK_MOTION_NOTIFY' type event handler was called back only after
> 'GDK_BUTTON_PRESS' or 'GDK_BUTTON_RELEASE' type event handler was.
> That is, to catch a 'GDK_MOTION_NOTIFY' type event, I should press button on the tag first.
> How can I change my code to get the 'GDK_MOTION_NOTIFY' event every time it happens
> on GtkTextTag widgets? Is it possible?

It may be; you have to be sure no handler attached to
"motion_notify_event" is returning TRUE, because that will keep
GtkTextView from running the handlers for the "event" signal.

Also, you need motion events in the widget's event mask; see the
"scribble" example in the GTK tutorial.

Havoc