- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+-2.0.3 released
- Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 23:02:44 -0400 (EDT)
GTK+-2.0.3 is now available for download at:
along with new versions of the 3 base libraries, GLib, Pango and ATK.
This is a bug-fix release, and is source and binary compatible
with GTK+-2.0.2. We recommend that people using GTK+-2.0.2
upgrade to this release.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
pdevelopers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+-2.0 is found at:
Release notes for GTK+-2.0 are at:
Overview of Changes in GTK+ 2.0.3
* GtkTreeView fixes (Jonathan Blandford, Kristian Rietveld, Daniel Elstner)
* Improve GdkRGB support for low color depths (Tor Lillqvist).
* Tweak F10 behavior to focus GtkMenuBar. (Owen Taylor)
* Include internal children when focusing. (Jonathan)
* Win32 fixes (Tor Lillqvist, David Sterba)
* Allow use of a pixmap as the drawable in gdk_pixmap_new(). (Kristian)
* GdkPixbuf fixes (Matthias Clasen, Michael Natterer, Federico Mena Quintero)
* GtkMenu fixes. (Soeren Sandmann)
* Find gdk-pixbuf-csource when cross-compiling. (Michael Natterer)
* Misc input-method related fixes (Yao Zhang, Federico)
* Fix stuck grab during DND. (Dave Camp, Owen)
* Remove in-bevel from scrolled-offscreen menus. (Ettore Perazzoli)
* Various plug/socket fixes (Owen, Padraig O'Briain, Dave Camp,
* Handle Xlib internal connections (HideToshi Tajima)
* Many miscellaneous bug fixes.
Other contributors: Jacob Berkman, Abigail Brady, Rich Burridge,
Anders Carlsson, Murray Cumming, Nalin Dahyabhai, James Henstridge,
David Highley, Ben Liblitt, Tim Janik, Bill Jannsen, Lauris Kaplinski,
Sergey Kuzminov, Alex Larsson, Sven Neumann, Havoc Pennington, Gareth Pearce,
Simon Floery, Thomas Leonard, Detlef Reichl, Martin Schulze, Christophe Saout,
Timo Sirainen, Graham Swallow.
27 May 2002
] [Thread Prev