Re: GTK_TYPE_FLAG_DEEP_DERIVABLE and GTK_TYPE_FLAG_VALUE_ABSTRACT

Mathieu Lacage <mathieu_lacage realmagic fr> writes:

> hi,
>
> I would like to know what these two flags mean: I have been unable to
> figure it out by reading the code.

G_TYPE_DEEP_DERIVABLE is best illustrated by example:

 G_OBJECT_TYPE is deep derivable - if you derive from it, you can
  then derive from the derived class.

 G_ENUM_TYPE is not deep derivable - types derived from it (enumeration
  types) can't be derived from again.

G_TYPE_FLAG_VALUE_ABSTRACT means that the type of a GValue can't be
set to that type. G_ENUM_TYPE and G_FLAGS_TYPE are examples... without
knowing what *specific* enumeration type a GValue is, you can't do
anything meaningful.

Regards,
                                        Owen