Re: locales

Sam Halliday <sam neutrino phy uct ac za> writes:

> > hi there, could somebody please tell me how i set my locale for
> > gtk+1.2?
> gtk_set_locale();?
>
> i dont think this is what i meant.... i have continuous probelms
> everytime i load gtk+ apps becuase they say i dont have the locale.... i
> just want to set the default locale for all my apps to C or en_GB...
> your answer looks liek a c function to me.....

Well, knowing the exact herror message would help; my guess
is that the error mssage you are getting is indicating that
the value of your "LANG" environment variable is a locale not
supported by your C library (or maybe not supported by your
Xlib.)

This affects all apps ... GTK+ just makes more noise about it than
most other applications.

Regards,
                                        Owen