Re: Performance regression in GTK 2.0 compared to 1.2?

I have also noticed that Gtk2.0 seems visibly slower and clunkier than
1.2.  This is so noticeable even in the simplest dialogs, that I am
hesitant to port my application to 2.0, especially since I really don't
need any of the new gtk2.0 features.

What's going on here?  Can anything be done?

Ralph Walden