Moving a window wm independent

Hi all,

I want to move a whole window around. I tried

gdk_window_move and gtk_widget_set_uposition.

They both do pretty the same. But the result depends on the windowmanager. sawfish for example puts the window _with_ the window border at the coordinate, enlightenment puts the inner area, i.e. _without_ the window border, at the coordinate.
My problem is, that if I ask the coordinate via

gdk_window_get_origin, gdk_window_get_root_origin or gdk_window_get_position,

I got window manager independent answers. But I don't know how to set the position wm independently.

How is it possible to move a window independent of the window manager?

Mattias Gaertner