Re: GTK- process called from another process does not end

>Hello,
>
>I am calling a gtk-process from another gtk process
>using fork and communicate with the process through
>pipes. The called process receives all my messages,
>even the quit message, but the window only disappears
>when I place the mouse on it. I've tried to bring the
>background window to top with a call to
>gtk_show_window, but it does not help.
>
>When I execute the process for itself, it closes
>correctly on receiving the quit signal.

i can't begin to understand the problem you're describing because of a
lack of information. however, it sounds as if you might be making the
all too common mistake of thinking you can fork and then continue
using the GTK setup already established in the parent. you cannot do
this.

--p