Re: LOST MOTION NOTIFY EVENT

Hi,

Toni Moreno Giménez <toni moreno gimenez wanadoo es> writes:

> Hi, I have a little problem when controling a "special" control using the
> motion notify event, this event must change a internal value when mouse
> button is pressed , the problem comes when the pointer leaves the widget and
> no more motion notify events are handled , how can I reveive motion notify
> events , even when pointer leaves the widget that handles this special
> control?

your "control" needs to grab the pointer using gdk_pointer_grab().
However if your widget has BUTTON_PRESS_MASK and BUTTON_RELEASE_MASK
set it should implicitely grab the pointer while the mouse button is
pressed. If that is sufficient, I'd prefer it over an explicit grab
since it is often tricky to assure that the explicit grab is under any
circumstances released later.

Salut, Sven