Re: atk-1.0.0 compile error

First I would like to thank _ALL of you for your effort to help.

After I got me all packages new, and unpacked them in a different
location I still run into the same problem, so I went back to

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-building.html

and there I found this instruction:

Several environment variables are useful to pass to set before running
configure. CPPFLAGS contains options to pass to the C  compiler, and
is used to tell the compiler where to look for include files. The
LDFLAGS variable is used in a similar fashion for the linker. Finally
the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable contains a search path that
pkg-config (see below) uses when looking for for file describing how
to compile programs using different libraries. If you were installing
GTK+ and it's dependencies into /opt/gtk, you might want to set these
variables as:

       CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/gtk/include"
       LDFLAGS="-L/opt/gtk/lib"
       PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/opt/gtk/lib/pkgconfig"
       export CPPFLAGS LDFLAGS PKG_CONFIG_PATH

You may also need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable so
the systems dynamic linker can find the newly installed libraries, and
the PATH environment program so that utility binaries installed by the
various libraries will be found.

       LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/gtk/lib"
       PATH="/opt/gtk/bin:$PATH"
       export LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATH

following the above instructions, I could finally finish compiling and
installing _all_ everything :-)

thanks again for your effort :-)

--
LinuxUser aka Josef Oswald linux os chello at
registered-linux-user # 134.818 at http://counter.li.org