GtkCheckMenuItem

Hi,
 evrybody. I am using  gtk_check_menu_item_set_active
 to show the selection/dselection of a item in the
 menu bar (using GtkItemFactory, taken from the
example
 in gtk tutorial).

 I am bit confused on
 gtk_check_menu_item_set_active(menuitem,gboolean
is_active),

 As the name suggest it should set the menu item to
 active / inactive. Does this also check whether the
menuitem is active or not?

 In my application I am facing a strange error
 where i need to toggle my menuitem . But somehow
 the code goes into a recursion and then fails.

 I saw  calling  gtk_check_menu_item_set_active()
also calls the  callback associated with the menuitem.

why ??? shuld not it only make the item
ticked/non-ticked. How to avoid the recursion .

would appreciate any kind of help .

Thanks
wasim

For live cricket scores download  Yahoo! Score Tracker
 at: http://in.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/tracker.html