Re: does 10 colors and 10 drawing areas mean *100* GdkColors???

Simon,

Thanks.  Are you saying to just have one graphics
context and just keep changing the foreground of
that graphics context with gdk_gc_set_foreground?

That make too much sense!! But seriously, that
will avoid needing 999 graphics contexts for 999 colors
and is a good idea.  Very nice.

What about problem of every drawable needing a
different graphics context???

  (Rem. that gdk_gc_new(myDrawable) requires a drawable
    as argument to tie graphics context to. :(
     )

I think it is clear what one would want is a universal
graphics context we could modify and float around our
entire app wherever we want.

A 1000 thank yous,

Chris