2.0 and solaris 7 anyone gotten it to compile?

Has anyone had any luck compiling it for solaris 7?
After brinigng in and installing in it own directory,
I'm not a sysadmin, so I don't have rights.

I brought in and installed
configure --prefix=mydir --exec-prefix=mydir
pkgconfig-0.12.0
glib-2.0.0
atk-1.0.0
pango-1.0.0
zlib-1.1.4
libpng-1.0.9  I tried 1.2.1 but it complained about wrong version
jpeg-6b
tiff-v3.5.7
gtk+-2.0.0

The first problem I encounter was in the tests directory.
Something about minor, major and ???

Well I remove TESTS from the Makefile and it compiled,
none of the examples compiled.  gtk-demo did but it
crashed with a segemntation violation.
THen I tried the install.  That also crashed with a segmentation
violation here :

if [ -z "" ] ; then \
  /bin/sh ../../mkinstalldirs /data/cdmg/gnu/gtk2.0/etc/gtk-2.0 ; \
  ../../gtk/gtk-query-immodules-2.0 >
/data/cdmg/gnu/gtk2.0/etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules ; \
        fi
Segmentation Fault - core dumped