Re: {SPAM?} Re: expose event & pixmap question

Sven

Thanks! I'm getting the impression NOTHING should be
done in configure_handler.  Why even bother to
bind it to *anything* then? Am I wrong?

Chris

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 09:29:08PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Christian Seberino <seberino spawar navy mil> writes:
>
> > It is slowly becoming clearer thanks to you. We can draw
> > on a pixmap which is associated with a window which
> > is part of a drawing area.
> >
> > Configure/Expose events that *just* modify pixmaps work
> > great.  I assume at the end of one of those callbacks
> > that some hidden routine says, "OK, now we need
> > to DISPLAY this pixmap on the window" and does it???
> >
> > The reason I am asking is that I made one of these callbacks
> > be called at other times when a configure/expose event
> > was NOT fired -- with gtk_idle_add.  Drawing on a pixmap
> > does NOT automagically change what is seen on GUI right???
> > How can I make these changes appear then (outside of a
> > configure/expose event)??
>
> you should do all drawing in the expose_event handler. If
> you want the displayed image to change you can force a redraw
> by calling gtk_widget_queue_redraw(). This will cause the
> emission of an expose_event for the whole drawing area as
> soon as the main loop becomes idle. Your expose_handler is
> called and you can redraw the image.
>

> Salut, Sven

| Dr. Christian Seberino  || (619) 553-7940  (office) |
| SPAWARSYSCEN 2363       || (619) 553-2836  (fax)    |
| 53560 HULL ST           ||                          |
| SAN DIEGO CA 92152-5001 || seberino spawar navy mil |