GtkDialog

I have an application which displays some data. I have implemented this using GtkDialog. It has 2 buttons - Yes and No. Since I have two different callbacks associated with each of these buttons, I
need to use gtk_dialog_run () to differentiate the response id's emitted.
gtk_dialog_run () in my case has to be in the main (), as I am creating the GtkDialog here. Now I have problem  placing gtk_dialog_run () and gtk_main () as both will block waiting for events. If I
place gtk_dialog_run () before gtk_main (), then the dialog box will not be able to get any other event from the X server.  How can I get over this?

Thanks
Deepa