Linux -> win32 cross-compile

Excuse me if this has been asked already, I haven't been able to find it
anywhere. I develop software with GTK as my GUI ToolKit of choice, and I
would love for my friends to see my work. However, they run various kinds
of Windows, and I can't afford to run a Windows box myself. My question,
then, is: Can anyone give me any help on cross-compiling GTK 2 apps from
Linux to Windows?

I have mingw32 installed, and I tried to compile GTK from source, but
failed (glib wouldn't compile because it doesn't believe gettext is
installed). I then grabbed some binary and devel packages from the GIMP
for Windows website, so I should have GTK and all the dependencies
installed now. However, when I try to compile a simple Hello World app
using the header files from the devel-packages, gcc barfs out tons of
parse errors and other things that could be caused by corrupted files.

When I compile with the Linux header files, it goes fine, but linking
against the libraries I have fails. The libraries come as both .dll-files
(e.g. libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll) and .dll.a-files (e.g. libgtk-win32-
2.0.dll.a). Which type should I link against and how? I tried linking
against the .dll.a files, but the linker complains about unresolved
symbols, even though nm reports that the symbols are in fact resolved. Am
I doing something completely wrong here?

Any help appreciated. Cheers,

Bob

---
Cache:
        A very expensive part of the memory system of a computer that no
one
        is supposed to know is there.