Re: (no subject)

Hi Venkat, you're probably just running out of colours :-( try closing
some other applications and trying again.

May be, but is there a way to know which color is supported
or not for certain color depth. I tried running only my app
but guess no change :( . May be I have to make my app less
colorful.

If you're using gtk1.2, you could try adding

   gdk_rgb_set_min_colors( 64 );

I am using gtk+2. Is there any equivalen call on gtk+2.

in your startup code. This changes the size of the cube that gdkrgb
dithers to. Smaller values will use fewer colours, but look worse.

John

Looking worse is okay ..but I should get some colours.
I find other application (for example the games :) retain their
colours in any color depth ) how ????

Thanks
Venkat